Tuesday, February 25, 2014

8/52


He's been able to walk for months and tearing around the flat like a maniac, but when we've been out and about, Samuel has generally chosen not to. Maybe he just felt a bit insecure when I clumsily plonked him on the ground. Maybe he got freaked out by the freedom and wasn't sure what to do with it. Or maybe he was feeling lazy and just preferred to be toted around like a little emperor. I'd be with him on that one.

Either way, all of this changed this week when he decided to run free in the park. It was truly exciting to see a curious, free range baby out in the wild. Or at least it was until I discovered that I literally couldn't keep up with him and - oh no - there he was flat on his face on the concrete underneath the big swings ... and the big kids on the big swings. All of which made me realise it was time to get using his little dinosaur backpack which he got from Aunty Lucy for Christmas and came complete with, for want of a better description, a baby lead. He loved it. I loved it. I also went a bit melty thanks to the cute factor and the fact my little boy seems to be growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment