Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Stir crazy


Our fridge was starting to resemble the garden of Eden again, groaning with bounty from the weekend's Sainsbury's delivery. It meant only one thing: today was purée-making day. 

But the fridge wasn't the only thing that was groaning. So was Samuel. He's got really clingy of late and cries every time I'm out of his line of sight. He wants to be carried everywhere and isn't happy to be left on his play mat for even a minute. It meant I had to peel, chop, cook and purée all the while entertaining a grizzling child. I resorted to singing and dancing to show tunes, using sweet potatoes as props. It was a challenge. 

Later on, after two loads of washing, one dishwasher cycle, one pile of cat sick and an awful lot of tiny grumbles, I needed to get us out of the flat and blow away the cobwebs.

So off we went to Norwood Park. With a frankly embarrassing lack of stone dinosaurs and no ducks in sight, it's not as glamorous as Crystal Palace park. But it's so close. And, towering way up above London, its views are amazing. It's definitely a good place to go if you need to feel a sense of perspective. The playground is really lovely too, so I popped Samuel in a little swing to see if he liked it. He wasn't too sure, but I think he liked looking at everything that was going on around him and taking it all in. My hair frizzed in the humid air and my hay fever kicked in on the walk home, but I didn't care a jot. Sometimes you just need to get out and breathe in the fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. Walks are my favorite method of curing grumpy baby, too! We don't have quite the view here in Colorado that you do, but any park with grass and a slide will do the trick. Happy puree-ing!

    ReplyDelete