Monday, August 5, 2013

Where does the blue gromph come from?


We call it 'gromph'. I don't know why, really, but I'm not sure what it's technically known as, so 'gromph' is as good as anything. 

I've no idea why it's always, always blue. All I do know is that there's never any gromph in the morning, but as the day goes on it starts to gradually appear, and by the afternoon Samuel is covered in the stuff. It's under his neck, in the palm of his hands and in all of his creases - he's half baby, half gromph. 

So what is it? Sweat, milk and teething dribble combined with fluff from clothes, toys and sleeping bags? Or is it some kind of alien ectoplasm or soggy moon dust? Who knows. Babies are full of mysteries.

What word do you use to describe the gromph? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

  1. Gromph - hmmm good word. Sadly we're really boring and just say "he's got a dirty neck/hands" though I now feel quite inadequate and feel I should get a word for the 'gromph'

    Though to be honest it's sometimes hard to see the 'gromph' on Zac under all the crusty bits of purée, food, weetabix, rice cake crumbs, dried snot (when teething), crumbs etc especially as at the end of every meal he feelobliged to wipe his food covered hands all over his face

    ReplyDelete